Recovery Poetry: I Lie Still, Listening

I Lie Still, Listening

I woke
and in the barely-there light of the new day
I felt it
a faint tug
a softly whispered promise
and taken with the newness of it
I lie still, listening

sweet of words
warmed with hope
and tender encouragement
it spoke to me
of possibilities
and self-love
and recovery

gently it coaxed
comforting and strong
and in the barely-there light of the new day
I listened
to a softly whispered promise
and finally...

I believed.

written by: Emmy M.





*See sidebar menu for more Eating Disorder and Body Image Poetry/Writings

Be Featured on Weighing The Facts: Share Your ED and Body Image Poetry, Writings, and Stories.

Share your Recovery Tips for an upcoming post.






picture source:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcrojas/56374423/

0 comments: